About Ballytrehy

Ballytrehy is where I go to create: hand-crafted crochet, from-scratch cooking, etc. Here I share my creations and my journey of creativity.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Photo Challenge Day 8

Today I want to pay tribute to my mother, who is the director of outreach to the elderly at an inner-city church in St. Louis.  Not only does she coordinate teams to go visit people in nursing homes, but she also collects donations of food and other commodities for distribution to these often low-income elderly.  

Today's picture is the back of her van filled with post-sell-date flowers, donated by Trader Joe's.  These flowers will go to brighten the rooms of many who would not otherwise have such color around them.


Special thanks to Trader Joe's for this car-full of cheer!



No comments:

Post a Comment