About Ballytrehy

Ballytrehy is where I go to create: hand-crafted crochet, from-scratch cooking, etc. Here I share my creations and my journey of creativity.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Photo Challenge Day 24

Mason Neck State Park is an out-of-the-way natural paradise on the Potomac River, about 30 minutes from my home.  I spent the morning there today, walking along one of the nature trails.  I came across a man who was "geo-caching," which he explained as kind of a hide-and-seek in state parks; a person goes and hides an object in the woods (geo-tagging it, I assume) and another person goes out and finds it.  When I met the man, he said he was 300 feet from an object.  This actually sounds like geeky fun to me, and I'll have to learn more about it!

Another thing that struck me about this particular trail was the amount of fungus - there were some enormous mushrooms along the trail!










No comments:

Post a Comment