About Ballytrehy

Ballytrehy is where I go to create: hand-crafted crochet, from-scratch cooking, etc. Here I share my creations and my journey of creativity.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Photo Challenge Day 15

Another one of my favorite places in northern Virginia is Mount Vernon.  I am entering my third year having an annual membership so that I can go and sit in the gardens anytime I like.  There are also nice walking paths through woods that I find very peaceful, even during tourist season.  Above all, I enjoy the "living history" that is to be found.  Any day, you can meet people re-enacting those who lived and worked on the grounds.  On special occasions, you can also see Revolutionary era military reenactments and hear The General talk about his life.


Me with Mrs. Washington








     



No comments:

Post a Comment