About Ballytrehy

Ballytrehy is where I go to create: hand-crafted crochet, from-scratch cooking, etc. Here I share my creations and my journey of creativity.

Monday, April 22, 2013

The House Cup

As a participant of the 2013 Knit and Crochet Blog Week, I will start the week by declaring my "house":
A bit like Harry Potter, but not quite, this year’s Knitting & Crochet Blog Week is split into 4 houses. 
The four houses are:

The House of Bee: Bees are busy and industrious, but can flit from one interesting project to the next as bright and shiny things capture their interest. 
The House of Manatee: Manatees are gentle, calm and cuddly. Relaxed and unflashy they represent the comfort and soft side of knitting and crochet.

The House of Monkey: Intelligent and with a fun loving side, Monkeys like to be challenged with every project presenting them with something new and interesting.
 
The House of Peacock: Peacocks take something good and make it brilliant. Buttons, embellishments and a bit of sparkle prove that perfection lies in the details – like a Peacock's Tail.








I am 
definitely 
a Bee









IMG_5449I am not usually content to work on only one project to the finish.  My attention span needs regular stimulation, so I often have 2 or 3 active projects at any one time, and I’ve got at least a dozen WIPs (works in progress) that are sitting in my closet waiting for me to turn my attention back to them. 
IMG_4684






Additionally, I don’t focus on only one type of project or yarn.  I have made things from materials as small as sewing thread and as large as super bulky yarn, household goods to garments, tiny bookmarks to bed-sized afghans. 


In a nutshell, I love diversity!  The "My Creations" photo slideshow to the left gives a flavor of the range of my projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment