About Ballytrehy

Ballytrehy is where I go to create: hand-crafted crochet, from-scratch cooking, etc. Here I share my creations and my journey of creativity.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Now that Christmas has passed, I feel like I can breathe again!  It has been such a busy holiday season for me.


Crochet:  This month I have, of course, been focused on holiday crochet.  In particular, I enjoy making amigurumi animals during the holiday season.  What is amigurumi?  They are Japanese-style crocheted stuffed animals.  I have made several snowmen in this style in the past as well as a penguin.  This year I completed another snowman and my first reindeer.  Both turned out so cute!  And both have served as Christmas gifts this year.  One day I may keep one for myself.


Cooking:  Again, the theme this month has been holiday.  I have focused primarily on baking Christmas cookies.  Here I have a picture of what I consider my "signature" cookie, and I'm calling it a trailmix cookie because, well, that's really what it is, trailmix in a cookie - oats, nuts, dried fruits, and white chocolate.  Mmmmm.  They're very popular with my social circle, so I find I make multiple batches of them through the season.

And I am not the only one in my family who enjoys holiday baking.  While visiting my sister over the holiday, we made not one, not two, not even three, but FOUR bar style cookies and treats, all in one day!

(If you're wondering what happened to my writing, so am I!  Perhaps it will return with the new year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment