About Ballytrehy

Ballytrehy is where I go to create: hand-crafted crochet, from-scratch cooking, etc. Here I share my creations and my journey of creativity.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

December has arrived

It is hard to believe that it has been nearly a month since my last entry.  It has been a busy month!  With all the business of my life, I have managed to keep busy with my creative pursuits.

Crochet:  I managed to complete four challenges for Nerd Wars last month.  My two favorite are Riley's sweater and a Flower for Penny.  I think I will be making more and more thread flowers; I think they are marketable.  :)

The new challenges are up, and I have plans for three or four of the six challenges.  I have to keep myself focused on my goal of handcrafting all Christmas gifts this year.  I have yet to find something suitable for the men in my family, considering I don't see them wearing the hats I've made for them in the past.  I'm going to have to get more creative for them!


Cooking:  I love avocados and will find any excuse to eat them.  If I make anything even remotely Mexican-inspired, I eat at least part of an avocado with it.  When I make "Mexican scramble" for breakfast (bell pepper, onion, tomato and/or salsa fresca in scrambled eggs with cheddar or colby jack cheese), I eat it with sliced avocado on the side.  Tonight I ate my "Fajita skillet," basically the same as the breakfast scramble, but with a meat instead of the eggs, tonight with some beef.  Finally, when I make chili, I like to eat it with avocado.  It just adds such a nice creaminess in contrast to all the chunkiness of the beans and veggies.  I have even, on rare occasion, eaten a lone avocado for dinner.  I know my use of avocado is a bit unorthodox, but it sure is tasty!

Writing:  My efforts during National Novel Writing Month were, in a word, slim.  I actually made it to 11,000 words, but life just got crazy as the month progressed, and I found I simply couldn't invest the time.  However, the story lives on!  I intend to continue building the story, just not today.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment