About Ballytrehy

Ballytrehy is where I go to create: hand-crafted crochet, from-scratch cooking, etc. Here I share my creations and my journey of creativity.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mid-way through October!  Where has the time gone?

Crochet:  Every year as I approach the holiday season, I enjoy making snowflake ornaments.  I find they make great gifts for family and friends, and they are quick and easy to whip up.

This year, I am making some miniature ornaments.  I have even written a haiku for them:
gentle snowflakes 
falling from a slate grey sky 
beautiful crystals


Cooking:  I have been keeping it simple - lots of roasted vegetables.  I love to eat roasted zucchini and garlic.  I have also recently tried my hand at spaghetti squash, which turned out quite nicely when combined with my roasted zucchini - eggplant combination.

Actually, to be honest, I've been feeling a little uninspired for cooking lately.  I hope to bring more inspiration to my kitchen soon.


Writing:  This week I am adding a new category of creativity.  This is partly due to my planning to participate in National Novel Writing Month.  Part of me thinks I must be insane for taking on a project so big, of writing a 50,000 word novel in one month.  The other part thinks, "What've I got to lose?"  I have long wanted to write a novel, and in fact got as far as writing the first chapter of one.  However, for this project I am starting fresh using two different ideas I've had floating around in my head for awhile.  I am still working out character sketches and plot outlines, and I may post more details here once things are worked out a little more clearly.



No comments:

Post a Comment